This friendly guide gives you all the information you need to become a knowledgeable horse owner and an accomplished equestrian—from buying, boarding, feeding, and grroming to training, riding, competing, and more.
Inside, find helpful advice on how to:
- Determine if you have what it takes to commit to horse ownership
- Care for your four-legged friend—from grooming and feeding to boarding and handling
- Recognize common horse ailments, and know when to call the vet
- Buy equipment and accessories you'll need—bridles, brushes, saddles, and bits
- Have fun in the saddle, from riding basics to parades and drill teams
- Understand the joys of competition—jumping, dressage, Western, polo, and more
- Discover the ten best horseback vacations
Paperback: 362 pages
Publisher: Hungry Minds, Inc.
Condition: Very Good